Holiday Message

by Nick Stone of Drawnlines Politics.

With sober acknowledgement that many Americans face a great struggle today, it is my most sincere hope that this holiday greeting finds my many friends and family well during this holiday season. With Thanksgiving now long gone and Christmas on our doorstep, it’s altogether too easy to watch the days fly by without taking a moment to remind ourselves to be thankful for who and what we have. This Christmas I’m profoundly moved by the great honor and duty it is to be an American today.

Events and people I’ve met over the past two years have inspired me to engage with America by blogging and campaigning, as many of you have already heard an earful about. From battling for Hillary Clinton’s historical race for the presidency, to defending Senator McCain in the fall and onward to changing my political affiliation this year, it has been a journey that will forever be etched into my being. If you’re reading this message, you likely played a significant role in that journey.

Thank you to the many readers who have inspired and challenged me with your acclaim and dissent on Drawnlines Politics. Your wisdom and encouragement have energized me every day, and I truly would not still be working on the project if it weren’t for your insight. With your help, Drawnlines has grown from my own personal corner of the world into a blog and web project with nearly 100 daily readers. I’m humbled by that accomplishment.

With ten percent of this great country out of work and nearly twice that many underemployed, it’s no small wonder that so many Americans find themselves in a state of personal malaise. Never in my years on Earth have I met so many people personally affected by struggle as right now. With a declining dollar and declining respect from allies and enemies alike, the need for strong leadership has never been greater. That American leadership is sorely lacking as I write this urgent message to you.

But for all our troubles, there’s nothing wrong with America. It is deeply painful to hear our president criticize our country, throw our allies under the bus, and praise our sworn enemies. This is the land where thousands of daily refugees find salvation from oppression in all forms. We Americans have spent more blood and treasure than any nation in history in the pursuit of freedom and justice around the globe. And if you don’t mind my saying so, this exceptional place on Earth has both the ability and the mandate to stand up for those principles – even if that means we stand alone. America’s beacon must continue to shine brightly for all to see. This mandate is in serious peril of faltering under this president, and it scares me.

That very fear serves as a great inspiration for me to do something. Last year Americans clamored for change from both parties. In 2010 I admonish my cherished friends and family to answer that call once again. Please take time today to read at least one news story in depth. Write an editorial or comment on someone else’s. Donate even a few dollars to a leader that inspires you. Work hard and pay your taxes, and fight like hell to keep Uncle Sam from misspending a dime of it. And don’t ever let intimidation stop you from speaking up when you face something unjust or un-American.

Enjoy Christmas with your loved ones. Then, please join me in standing up for change this New Year. There is much left to be done.

Devotedly yours,


Nicholas Stone
Editor, Drawnlines Politics

There's ALWAYS something new happening at Drawnlines Politics.
For videos and archives visit our homepage

Check out our new Election Center!

Posted by Nick Stone on 3:21 AM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comments for Holiday Message

Post a Comment
PREMIUM PARTNERS

SUBSCRIBE: Become an insider today!

Email Marketing You Can Trust

Featured Video

2010 BlogNews Magazine. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign